IT MANAGER Full-time Job1 year ago - IT & Telecoms - Nairobi - 192 views
IT Manager Skills & Responsibilities
Typical day-to-day activities and in-demand skill sets for technology managers include the following. IT managers:
- Are responsible for strategic IT planning, including fostering innovation & allocating monetary resources.
- Direct operational IT planning, including planning IT projects and the allocation of manpower resources.
- Oversee the financial aspects of their IT team or dept., including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
- Coordinate IT staffing, including hiring, supervision, scheduling, professional development and discipline.
- Collaborate with and maintain communications with executives and department heads in the organization.
- Design, implement and enforce the policies, procedures and best practices for their IT team or department.
- Research IT solutions and make recommendations for the improvement of IT systems and IT infrastructure.
- Negotiate and approve technology vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Should have superior skills in team leadership, employee development and interpersonal communication.
- Should have a strong command of project management principles, procedures and best practices.